Monday, August 04, 2003

Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday

Yesterday Melissa and I celebrated our one year anniversary. Here's a highlight of the day with some commentary. Pirates of the Caribbean is actually a pretty good movie. I had my doubts from the first previews but then the buzz said it wasn't half bad so I was ok going. Something about that time period appeals to me and it’s reminiscent of a Jimmy Buffett lifestyle. Paraphrase of favorite line "What are we supposed to do, sit on the beach all day and drink rum?" Response "It’s the Caribbean way." Johnny Depp played the slightly drunk pirate much better than I thought he could. Much impressed. After the movie we dined at Zoot. Lately I have been impressed at how good "good food" is and Zoot helped confirm that feeling. I had beef tenderloin that practically melted in my mouth almost without the need to chew, which for me is always a plus. The place itself looked more like a house than a restaurant and I think the waiter filled up my water after every sip. It really would seem to be true that you get what you pay for. After dinner we sat down to a slice from the top layer of our wedding cake. I fully expected it to be horrible. Turns out, you can stick a cake in a freezer for a year and have it still be good. Who knew?

Last night Melissa called her cousin Ben. Ben and Teresa recently had a baby and turns out they want Melissa to be godmother to the baby. She seems pretty excited about it. It wasn’t really surprising since there aren't that many female LeSaicherre's. Actually there's just the one. The real shocker is the godfather. Me. They want me, the cousin by marriage, to be godfather to their baby. I think I am still in a state of shock and I was told about this over 24 hours ago. I am not comfortable owning a dog yet and these people think I am the best person to care for their child if something happens to them? But the more I think about it, the more I am ok with it. I mean it’s still a little weird and I still haven't grasped the Catholic ramifications of it, but I think I am ok with being someone's godfather. And that of course leads to two thoughts in my mind. One, Melissa and I really need to get down to Houston to see the baby. Two, maybe we can start thinking about that dog.

Softball team had another game tonight. Ouch. Let's just leave it at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home